Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR (Well almost happy anyway)

I leave V's around midnight. Amanda ( it think it was Amanda) didn't understand why I had to go. I explained to her that I am driving my parents car and I promised I would be home at a certain time. Alas, when you still live at home and you drive your parents car you gotta follow some rules. Someone else couldn't understand why I didn't wait until the ball drop. I say,"Okay, in twenty-four years on this earth how many times have a watched the ball drop? Every year its the same thing: A buttoned is press, the ball begins drop. The ball evantually lands and confetti flies everywhere. But its tradition, my friends remind me!

But despite the encouragement everyone to wait, I am off. I had gotten turned around and Vida's nand Liz's neighberhood and ended up parking a little bit aways. While I am walking thru the parking lot I hear people counting at the top of their lungs. At one, I begin hearing chearing and the exploding the fireworks. Pretty soon, I begin to realize I am terribly horribly loss. After a few minutes I kinda start to get a bit concerned. I went the wrong direction and am once again terribly horribly lossed. Thirty minutes later I fine my car. Yes, you read it right. Thirty minutes later; on the nose.

But the bright spot is I got home okay. Also, I actually enjoyed my date with Josh this evening. Last time was fun to but for some reason I was just a little more relaxed. We actually came close I think to breacking up this weekend b/c we have some different views on some things but I guess we have worked things out..for now. He wants to introduce me to the motorcyle people he minsiters to but I can't bring myself to hang with him at a motorcycle club. I don't quite understand what goes on at these things and I think I would feel very uncomfortable. My mom would probably freak out! I can hear her now: "You went with him where?" Oh well.

No comments: