Tuesday, May 11, 2004

The Parents

Parents.Got to love them. Actually, I do love my parents. And respective. They are a hard working, godly couple that truly admire and respect. But tht doesn't mean they dont' annoy me from time. Like the conversation I had with my dad a few minutes. He comes in while I'm typing in my blog about work. He doesn't say anything for a moment, just stands there reading over my shoulder. Hellow? Doesn't privacy mean anything. I decided to get the conversation rolling.

Me: Yes?

Dad: I was just wondering if I could check your mom's e-mail. (because sometimes
stuff needed for him is sent to her. don't ask me why.)

Me: "Oh, well I'm almost done here." I finished typing and press Publish Post.

Dad: What's a blog?

Me: Its just an online journal.

I was just annoyed because he was trying to read my stuff. There; I griped and now I feel better.

3 comments:

T - Another Geek Girl said...

This so funny- I set up a family blog and my dad was the first one to post-he sent a joke that someone had sent him at work. I emailed him to let him know that he should write some stuff about what he's been up to at work and stuff like that. He hasn't posted ANYTHING else.
I emailed him-Dad, everyone wants to know what you've been up to. Dad emailed back-I have not been up to anything and I don't think what you wrote about me was funny. I sweet emailed (talked) back to him, but he still won't write anything!

I'm in my thirties...sweetie, parents don't get any better they just get older and crankier!
But they're the one's we're stuck with!
PS next time he tries to read what you wrote just write a whole bunch of stuff about how sweet he is and how much he trusts you and how you're so glad to have a father who has given you such good JUDGEMENT!
HeeHeeHee
Your friend
Tricia

ashira said...

Word up! I am 22 and still have atleast 2 yrs. before I can afford to move out. Oh what a day that will be!
ashira

ashira said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.